Healthy superfood vegan blondiesFeb 23, 2021
I love making treats that are indulgent, but really good for you – like these superfood vegan blondies. In fact, it’s one of the ways I keep my ‘sweet tooth’ in check without picking up too much weight. Yep, healthy swaps are my best friend!
If you’re looking for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up or mid-morning healthy treat, these superfood vegan blondies will hit the spot.
They’re gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and they’re made with oat flour and chickpeas to keep your blood sugar levels stable. Plus, I’ve included 2 scoops of Super Scoop – my plant-based organic drink mix that contains 50 fruit and veggie extracts.
Superfood vegan blondies
WATCH: This quick video on how to make my superfood vegan blondies
This recipe will make 9 blondies
- 1 can of chickpeas, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sugar and salt free peanut butter
- 1 banana, the riper the better
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup xylitol
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 scoops Very Vanilla or Raw Cacao Super Scoop
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarb of soda
- Optional: 3 to 4 blocks of 70 % dark chocolate to drizzle over
Note: Please taste the mixture before baking. If you'd like a slightly sweeter blondie then you may want to add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 180° and line a baking tray with some tinfoil, shiny side down.
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, banana and vanilla essence to a food processor and blend until relatively smooth and creamy.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend again.
- Spoon into the prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool fully before slicing.
- Melt the dark chocolate and roughly drizzle over the blondies.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.